Monday, December 8, 2008

Worship Recap from 12-07

Yesterday we started our new series, The Gift...and with that our pre-service Christmas music. Reg, Cheryl, & Meghan - you all did a fantastic job. I'm already looking forward to what you're going to do next week. Adding some of the band for the last tune was a nice transition into our worship encounter.

Salvation Is Here, what a great song! The church is really, really taking ownership of this new song...and band/vocals you're sounding incredible on this tune. Paul, nice job on the bass solo...you rocked the house yesterday!

Overall, I felt that our worship experience was incredible again this week. It just seems lately like our worship has been getting better and better all the time - and I believe it's because our team (everyone included) is abandoning self and giving our all to worship Him. Thanks for giving your life to lead our community into His presence.

That said, I kinda miffed the beginning of The Stand, for some reason I can never get that song (even though I LOVE it) into my head until I see the words on the screen.

God of This City...what can I say about this song. I personally did not think this would be a keeper of a song. I thought we'd just use it for this series and then it would go away. However, I think I may have received more positive comments yesterday regarding this song than any other new song we've introduced in a long, long time...so what do I know???

Feel free to share your thoughts regarding our worship...


No comments: