Sunday, November 30, 2008

Worship Recap from 11-30

Today was a great day of worship!  

I enjoyed very much the little riff we did as our pre-opener (it may not be a keeper, but it was very fun). Even though God of Our Days is not the most upbeat opener, I actually thought it fit well there and the church seemed to connect today with this one.

My Savior Lives was fun to do, but I thoroughly enjoyed Sing to the King today (it was September the last time we did My Savior Lives and August since we've done Sing to the King)! I absolutely love the second verse of Sing to the King...in fact it may be one of my most favorite lyrics of all the songs we sing. "Satan is vanquished and Jesus is King!" That's a powerful confession of a powerful truth!

It was fun to feature Kevin in a couple songs today - nice job buddy!

Jennie, you did a great job with Hosanna. I'm not sure the church has totally bought into that song just yet, but I know that once they do—it has the potential to be an incredible song connecting people to God in our worship services. Shauna, nice job as well with Who Is Like You, It's one of my favorite new songs that we're doing right now.

Why don't you comment on this blog and leave your favorite "old" and "new" songs we're doing right now?!




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite new song is salvation is here!!! or Hosanna I can't decide.?

Anonymous said...

You forgot to mention how awesome Meghan was on the keyboard...featured in 3 songs! Great job! Also, I was so proud when Suzy brought up the "surprise" song that wasn't on the list. I don't think she had ever done that before.

I love Hosanna very much and of course all the songs that feature the Bass! Actually, I can't think of a single song that I don't enjoy. At first I didn't really like the new City song, but frequently find that I can't get it out of my head.

John said...

You are SOOOO right Martha, I did forget to mention how great Meghan did on the keys. Meghan, you are becoming quite the keyboard player!

PJ

Anonymous said...

I am still waiting for someone to "feature" my dance interpretation of one of our worship songs. That would take things to a WHOLE NUTHA' LEVEL!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed the song set immensely...the last 2 Sundays have been incredible song sets! Missed being on the platform with you all, but enjoyed worshipping next to my family! Nancy

Unknown said...

I agree with Nancy in that the last two Sunday's have been great. I really felt God move in both worship sets. Especially this last Sunday. Thank You PJ for not letting the worship end at the last song and taking it into How Great Is Our God.