Friday, November 21, 2008

Hey You...Get Off Your Phone!

I love my iPhone, it's the coolest gadget ever made! That said, there are simply times when you're not supposed to be on your cell phone, let me list a few that really bug me:

- when you're in line at the bank talk all you want, but when it's your turn, get off the phone before walking up to the teller.

- when you're trying to order food at McDonalds, and I'm in line behind you waiting to order my "fast food," get off your phone and place your order so I can be next...after all, when you take "fast" out of fast food, it's no longer very appealing.

- stinking don't text while you're driving, I don't want to get hit by you!

- Also, when you're in a crowded place, remember that the conversation you're having is with the person on the other end of the cell phone - NOT EVERYONE AROUND YOU - so don't talk so loud.

Recently I was in line at Paradise Bakery, I was there for their wonderful Peach Tea! I was on the phone, on hold with a company and wouldn't you know it...right as it was my turn to place my order, a voice came on my phone that said, thanks for holding how can I help you. So here's what I did, I politely stepped out of line to take my phone call and ended up not getting back in line to get my Peach Tea.

I'm not trying to say that I'm better than anyone else, just saying that I try to practice what I'm preaching right now.

........

Wow, where did all that come from?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Where did all that come from, although most people do need to be reminded at times .. especially about texting while driving. Can't wait to see the next item up for discussion!

Anonymous said...

What I think is soooo funny is the people who walk around in public speaking to someone thru that little ear device...they look like they are talking out loud to themselves! I agree with everything you said too, and I admit I may have been guilty a time or two, but I try never to hold anyone up with my phone calls. I don't even know how it's possilbe to text and drive, I can barely do it while sitting still! LOL