Friday, January 23, 2009

It's Not My Fault

Have you ever noticed that most of us, most of the time want to defer responsibility for certain things. Let me explain...

This morning I wanted to trim my goatee, I picked up my beard trimmer and found that the guard was missing. I knew that my son Kyle had borrowed my trimmer just a couple days ago to trim his beard and I immediately began the "blaming game," after-all, he was the last one to use it. Therefore it must be his fault that the guard is missing. I must admit that I actually found myself getting a little upset. (I've already had to replace one trimmer because we lost the guard for that one.)

NOTE: did you catch that I just deferred responsibility for the last guard - I just wrote that "we" lost it...hmmmm, do I have a problem here?!?!?

I looked all over my bathroom, in drawers, on the floor, then I looked all over the boys bathroom and still was not able to find that pesky little guard. Now I'm really starting to get mad, I'm even thinking of texting my son while he's at school to scold him for losing my guard...then...

I look up on the top of the shower rail and what do I see. The guard that I, at that moment, remembered putting there myself the last time I used the trimmer.

God forgive me for being so quick to blame others when it's really all my fault.

what do you need to ask forgiveness for today???


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I NEVER do this! But my husband Scott does it constantly!!! Hey, did you catch that.....

John said...

....actually, yes I did catch that. :)